Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shape Ups

I have not posted anything since I believe Wednesday and Thursday, so I will catch up. My first day back at work was on Thursday and it was nice to see everyone and students. I am still not leaving till they find my replacement, so till then I need to make sure and stay focused and not get behind on anything on my agenda.

I started walking the neighborhood as of Thursday morning and I found this website http://www.favoriterun.com/ that measures your route. Walking around our neighborhood 4 times is about 3.68 miles. I was feeling the pain on Friday during my morning walk at that time, but I made it till the end.

I said that I was not going to get on the shape up shoes kick and well I did. I went yesterday and bought me some shoes by Reebok and they feel really good. I figure if I am going to be doing a lot of walking then I will spend money on the shoes. My shoes do not look like those funky looking shape up shoes ( will post picture). They are very comfortable but will let you know how I feel when I walk in them.

I also did some exercises with resistance bands and I love it because you can do it in front of the TV and not feel like you are working out. My key thing is to do the exercises in minute intervals instead of counting because I tend to lose count. So I use a cooking timer. LOL! No need to go out and by any fancy timer or watch.

I will go for a walk later on today with my new shoes, so tune in for tomorrow and how I enjoyed them on my walk.

TTFN!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Video